Sunday, September 24, 2006

Refreshed once again

Friday's meeting was great! The discussion cleared up a lot of misconceptions that I had about our expectations. I felt much better when Karl said the technology presented to us is not required...just something to think about; and when Brad said that he did not implement anything new that first semester, he just thought about how he could tie them in. I could relate to several of the comments made during the meeting. I was working so hard to find an activity or some sort of constructivist strategy to use in my classes every day. I would be disappointed if I had to do any "lecture", but like Barb said, I think it is important to find a balance between the two.

We have been using United Streaming in the science office for about a semester. However, I did not realize that you could create quizzes, access lesson plans, etc. The time to search around on the site was nice.

I feel much better about the fact that I've been trying new things in my classroom...even when they "fail" in my mind. This group is an awesome support system!

No comments: